The human desire to get on the road in complete safety has led to various modifications in the automotive industry. The engine and tires play a crucial role in driving safety. Considering this, much focus has been given to car wheels. Over the years, significant variations in car wheels have occurred, allowing the owner to choose the best tire according to their needs.
If you drive or own a Tesla Model Y, chances are you’ve come across the Tesla Gemini or Induction wheels at one point in life.
Every car owner dreams of a smooth drive and excellent road grip. When it comes to wheels or tires, it is essential to choose the best for your car. Choosing the right wheels has always been a challenge for car owners around the world. Let me help you choose the best wheel and get back on the road with peace of mind.
What Are Tesla Model Y Gemini And Induction Wheels?
Tesla allows their car owners to choose from two major groups: Long-Range-All-Wheel Drive and a Performance range.
The Long-Range class includes 19-inch Gemini and 20-inch Induction wheels. While the Performance class only includes 21-inch Uberturbine wheels.
All these Model Y wheels have slight variations between them:
- 19-inch Gemini wheel: 4.53-inch sidewall, 28.04-inch outer diameter, 255 mm tread width, and 45 sidewall ratio.
- 20-inch Induction wheel: 4.02-inch sidewall, 28.03-inch outer diameter, 255 mm tread width, and 40 sidewall ratio.
- 21-inch Uberturbine Wheel: 3.79-inch sidewall, 28.58-inch outer diameter, 275 mm tread width and 35 sidewall ratio.
Gemini And Induction Wheel Comparisons:
1. Gemini Wheels
Gemini are smaller 19-inch wheels and have a sleek silver steel wheel cover that helps improve the range and come as standard wheels with Tesla Model Y long-range vehicles.
|Less aesthetic appeal
|Gives a better range of 330 miles with a single charge.
|The wheel covers are removable
|Less ground clearance
|Harder to resell
|More comfortable ride
2. Induction Wheels
Induction wheels are comparatively larger and have a black curved metal shape and are stylish.
|Better visual appeal
|Comparatively expensive, cost nearly $2000 more
|More ground clearance
|Easier to resell
|Lesser range of around 318 miles with a single charge
Note: Would love to know more about both wheel types? Take a look at the video below:
When To Choose Tesla Model Y Gemini Wheels?
Although, with all the explanation above you would have already guessed the type more suited for you. But to keep it simpler, allow me to compile the information and tell you when you should buy Gemini wheels.
Tesla Gemini wheels are the best option for you:
- If you travel long distance.
- If you prefer efficiency over vehicle style.
- If you want to save costs.
- When you want to switch between the plastic cover and silver sportier wheels.
- Does Tesla Have Run Flat Tires?
- Firestone vs Bridgestone
- Why Put A Water Bottle On Your Tire When Parked?
- How Much Does Discount Tire Charge To Install Tires
- How Much Does Big O Tires Charge For Tire Installation
When To Choose Tesla Model Y Induction Wheels?
When it comes to the Induction wheels you need to choose them especially while placing your car order. Tesla Induction wheels are better suited for you:
- If you want a sportier and more modern look.
- If you don’t travel long distance.
- If you have more money to spend.
Road stability, better ride experience, and power efficiency are the main differential points for Tesla Model Y Gemini and Induction wheels.
In this article, I provided you the basic details on which wheel type is more suited for your needs. Know your needs, get your hands on the best-suited vehicle and go on the road with confidence!