Apple CarPlay has changed how people engage with their cars by having them connect their iPhones to the entertainment system in their vehicles. While it is convenient and promises to link users, some customers have experienced issues with CarPlay suddenly stopping.
Frequently, even if there’s a disconnection, the phone continues to charge. These interruptions can happen even with the latest iOS updates like iOS 15 and with several iPhone models like the iPhone 12 or iPhone 13, whether using wired or wireless CarPlay.
This interferes with their driving experience and makes it challenging to enjoy their time on the road. Users will be better equipped to deal with this annoying issue if they are aware of the reasons behind these disruptions of Car Play disconnecting in BMW, Kia, Mazda, Subaru, or any other vehicle, and the solutions for these problems.
4 Main Causes Why Does My Apple CarPlay Keeps Disconnecting
A range of specific situations might cause connectivity issues with Apple CarPlay. These include the following:
- Problems with the Cable and Connections: If the USB cable or port being used to connect the iPhone to the infotainment device in the car is damaged or malfunctioning, it may result in unstable connections. Another thing that may disrupt a tightly closed relationship is the presence of dust or particles inside the port.
- Difficulties with the Software: Each iPhone and the infotainment devices of the vehicle can also have software program faults or compatibility difficulties, which could result in interruptions to CarPlay.
- Power-related Problems: CarPlay may also disconnect due to power-related issues, such as an insufficient power supply from the USB port of the vehicle or a low battery on the iPhone.
- Interference & bad connections: The CarPlay connection may be interrupted by electromagnetic interference or weak cellular connections, which are environmental troubles.
- Car Speaker Not Working On One Side
- Why Does My Pioneer Car Stereo Keep Shutting Off?
- Why Is My Car Radio Keeps Changing Stations by Itself?
6 Ways to Fix It When CarPlay Keeps Disconnecting
The smart integration of iPhone features into cars, recognized as Apple CarPlay, provides drivers with a seamless connection to their devices. On the other hand, disturbances such as occasional disconnections may make this experience more difficult. To fix these problems, you need to follow these troubleshooting steps:
1. Use an Original Cable:
You must use a Lightning cable that is MFi certified (Made for iPhone, iPad, and iPod). Check the line and ports to see if they are broken or worn out. Compressed air has to be used to cautiously smooth the ports to remove any dirt and ensure the connection is secure.
2. Check Software Updates
Make sure to regularly update the software on both your iPhone and your car’s infotainment system. Manufacturers often release updates to fix bugs and address compatibility issues that could disrupt CarPlay.
3. Restart and Reset the Device
You can try resetting both your iPhone and infotainment device. If the trouble persists, you might also reset the device car’s device by the battery for a few minutes or observing the guidelines provided by the manufacturer to reset the system.
4. Check the Power Supply
Make sure that the USB port in your car is capable of supplying enough power to charge your iPhone. Sometimes, power-related issues causing CarPlay disconnection can be fixed by using a different USB port or a USB adapter with a higher power output.
5. Avoid Disturbances
Switching off non-essential electrical devices nearby can help reduce electromagnetic interference. If you move away from places with weak cellular connections, it may also help stabilize the Bluetooth connection, leading to a more convenient experience.
6. Get in Contact With the Support Team
If the mentioned steps don’t work in solving the issue, it’s recommended to contact Apple Support or the customer service department of the vehicle manufacturer. Depending on the situation, they should provide you with specific troubleshooting techniques or alert you to any regarded issues.
Users can also understand possible reasons behind Apple CarPlay disconnections by following these troubleshooting strategies and addressing the troubles described below. To ensure a smooth and uninterrupted journey with Apple CarPlay, it is essential to keep up with software updates, use approved connectors, ensure a good power supply, and minimize possible sources of interference.
Apple CarPlay can provide a smooth integration of iPhone features into the driving experience; however, this convenience may face occasional interruptions. Users can diagnose and restore the majority of CarPlay disconnectivity issues by identifying probable reasons like cable problems, software faults, power-related problems, and other issues.
To ensure a consistent and uninterrupted Apple CarPlay experience while driving, it is necessary to keep in mind that specific actions should be taken. This includes regularly updating the software, using approved wire, ensuring an enough power supply, and minimizing potential sources of interference.